NOTE: The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the App or Website and provided personally identifiable information to us through the App or Website, please contact us at email@example.com or the mailing address below, and we will work to delete that account and any such personally identifiable information.
1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by email sent to the address associated with your account and/or through the App or Website the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the App or Website following such notice as your acceptance of the changes. However, we will seek your affirmative consent prior to applying any material change to this Policy on how we use or disclose personally identifiable information to information we collected or received prior to the date of the change.
2. Third Parties. We may offer through the App or Website or send to registered users links to or offers from third parties. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before participating or making a purchase.
3. Collected Information
3.1 Information You Submit. When you create an account with the App or Website, we collect the personally identifiable information you provide in the registration form. This information includes your name, email address and picture. If you pay for premium services through the App or Website, we will collect the billing information associated with payment instrument you select.
3.2 Social Networking Information. You may share content created on the App or Website through a social networking site such as Twitter or Facebook (“Social Services”). Integration with Social Services allows us to offer a more personalized experience to you when you use the App or Website. If you share information on the Social Services, the Social Service may provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to that Social Service (such as your profile picture, interests, and connections), and we will use, store and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Social Services use, store and disclose your information is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Social Service, and not the Company.
3.3 Information Collected When You Use the App or Website. When you use the App or Website, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with the personally identifiable information that you provide. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the App or Website, how you use the App or Website (the number of stories and media bits you create or view) and server log data such as a device’s IP address, MAC address and operating system version. If you choose to provide it, this will also include crash log data consisting of status and debugging information for the App or Website.
3.4 Recommending to Contacts. If you use the App or Website to send invitations to your contacts to recommend they use the App or Website, their names and email addresses of the contacts you select will be collected by our servers so we can send them invitations.
3.5 Mobile Device IDs. We will create a unique, random alphanumeric identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers. We will use this identifier to recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use the App or Website.
3.6 Location-Based Information. If you allow location-based tracking through your mobile device and App preferences, we will receive information regarding your precise location (using the GPS antenna within your device) when the App is running on your device. We also receive information from the compass on your mobile device, including course, velocity and altitude. This allows your posts within the App to be tagged with your location, and may also post when you are in transit or your location has changed. Location and compass information is used to ascertain where you are located when you capture videos, photos, and other types of media or check in, allowing us to associate your videos, photos, media and location with that of other users in close proximity to you to create compilations. We may use location information to incorporate your photos, videos or media with those of your friends who are nearby, or to suggest friends to you who are nearby and/or are in your friend network. We may also use the location of a video, photo, media or check in to determine what advertising should be shown in connection with that posting.
4. Use and Disclosure of Information
We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to create and maintain an account for you or charge your payment instrument for a premium service that you request.
- We use submitted information and collected information to provide the features and functionality of the App or Website to you.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content (including advertising) that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the App or Website in order to help us improve the App or Website and develop and improve other products and services.
We use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- Your name login and photo will be disclosed to other users as part of your profile. You can see this information by viewing your own profile. Other users to whom you are connected will also see your posts in association with your profile information.
- If you share information through a Social Service, we may use such information to connect you to your friends and contacts through the App or Website.
- If you invite your contacts to use the App or Website, we retain their contact information and device identification number on our servers so that we can recognize them as your contacts and connect you to them if and when they sign up to use the App or Website.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- We will use and disclose your location information as described above under the heading “Location-Based Information.”
- The Company may use contractors and third party service providers to provide the App or Website to our users. When our contractors or service provider obtain access to your information, they are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Company.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
5. Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your account and view and change your user account information at any time.
6. Deleting Your Information. You may at any time cancel your account and request that we delete from our servers all of your account information and the media you have posted through the App or Website. Such requests will be honored within a reasonable time period after they have been received provided that you give us all reasonably necessary information and cooperation. Certain data may continue to be stored in our backup systems until regularly scheduled deletions occur. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or for no reason, by deleting the App from your device and notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you are terminating your account.
7. Choices Regarding Third Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial emails regarding third party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt out of receiving such emails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
8. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100 percent effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
9. Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
10. Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the App or Website, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
11. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or at 1033 6th Street, No. 205, Santa Monica, CA 90403.