Ninety percent of startups fail. But if entrepreneurs follow these nine rules, a startup has a chance to be a 10 percenter.
1. Don’t live in a vacuum.
2. Develop an idea that solves a big problem in a unique way.
3. Don’t run out of cash.
4. Invent complete products, not concepts.
5. Avoid big gaps in strategy.
6. Build a winning team.
7. Have better, faster, cheaper solution than competitors.
8. Understand market, and expect (and prepare for) unexpected movement.
9. Listen to good advice from the right people.