If you answered yes to any of these questions, this opportunity could transform your life.
Moblish (www.mobli.sh) is looking for frontend and backend developers to build a real-time news reporting platform optimized for mobile. Right now, a powerful, mobile-first, open-source platform that streamlines live news reporting doesn’t exist. Mobile journalism for news organizations and citizen journalists presents challenges. We need a developer who can solve these challenges.
We want a developer driven by architectural excellence who can design and deploy a scalable, distributed software system. We need a developer with profound mobile development insights. An innovator, visionary and risk taker. A creative mind. A fearless leader. A person who cares about social good and wants to leave the world better than he or she found it.
Key job responsibilities
– Devise architectural direction for Moblish and build mobile and online properties for iOS first, then Android, tablet and Web.
– Develop visual look and feel of innovative mobile app and Web site.
– Implement mobile and Web interaction designs in collaboration with Moblish founder to offer best user solutions.
– Translate and create landing pages for testing.
Qualifications and experience
– Hands-on experience building functional mobile apps and detailed understanding of development ecosystem.
– Solid grasp of responsive layouts and mobile frameworks such as HTML5, CSS3, JQuery.
– Expertise in PHP, code management systems and project management.
– Passion for media, future of journalism, digital news industry, technological trends, innovation.
– Strong interest in development of intelligent, powerful websites and mobile applications.
– Entrepreneurial spirit, team values, communication skills.
We can offer you
– Exciting career opportunity in startup company.
– Financial compensation and equity in company.
– Inspiring work environment with team of hungry, smart, innovative entrepreneurs.
– Work on projects with latest technologies.
– Flexible schedule and ability to work remotely.
– Chance to change the world.
About Moblish founder
Eric Ortiz is a 2014 Knight Fellow at Stanford University and Stanford alumnus with a B.A. degree in English (’97). Ortiz has over 13 years of experience as a digital editor at national (ESPN) and regional (New England Sports Network) sports networks. He has a very strong understanding of the editorial, technical and business sides of digital media, and contacts across the media industry worldwide. He believes in a team-based approach to innovation and is looking for passionate, talented developers.
Interested? Send your resume and a representative list of projects to email@example.com.